- Meet and exceed projected sales targets.
- Collaborate with senior management team to set revenue and sales goals on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Execute on a sales strategy and monitor that all staff members are following it addressing sales goals.
- Provide information to leadership and Department heads on sales activities and markets to help in crafting marketing strategies.
- Build relationships with salespeople and customers to ensure World?s Best® customer service is consistently delivered to ensure customer happiness and loyalty.
- Create and implement a comprehensive sales training program to keep your sales team at the forefront of the industry and help each salesperson reach their goal.
- Become a mentor to the sales team and nurture relationships with each associate in order to help them achieve their goals.
- Work with senior management to devise and implement new strategies to earn more sales and cultivate more accounts and trade classes.
- Ensure accurate reporting on lead generation and sales efforts including pulling data and metrics to provide detailed information about pipeline status.
- Lead sales meetings to motivate your workforce.
- Travel to meet with potential and existing clients, as well as field sales staff.
- Travel to company corporate trade shows.
- Set up company Distribution in appropriate trade shows.
- Maintain existing sales by customer by category and builds additional sales in existing categories and category voids.
- Cold calls on potential customers by phone, in person or with a salesperson
- Follow up on sales calls, sample requests and customer requests.
- Provide timely assistance to salespeople when requested.
- Supervise pricing exceptions by salespeople.
- Manage promotional schedule with Marketing and Category Managers.
- Presentation of new manufactured or distributed items to existing and new customers, sales team and brokers.
- Coordinate and control pricing by the customer within company guidelines.
- Communicate in a timely fashion with company management on market conditions and customer issues.
- Work closely with internal departments to assist in resolving customer issues or attend to customers? needs.
- Keep finance aware of potential changes in customer?s business and creditworthiness.
- Be aware of competitive manufactures and obtain any competitive info or pricing and share with senior leadership and as appropriate with salesforce and brokers.
- Be aware of competitive distributors and obtain any competitive info or pricing and share with senior leadership and as appropriate with salesforce and brokers.
- Assist marketing in maintaining accurate, complete forecasts of product sales for manufacturing and purchasing needs.
- Assist company management in finding solutions to problem areas.
- Maintains records on customers and potential customers in assigned territories.
- Monitor and control overall expenses of sales team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position will ensure all activities related to sales are executed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain and build business with existing customers while seeking and adding new customers.
- Build and maintain an effective direct sales team and broker network for all trade classes including nontraditional.
- Build a pricing structure to include commission to add broker representation in trade classes such as gift.
- Though reporting to a Director of Sales, individual should be able to work independently.
- Be able to motivate and train salespeople and brokers to succeed.
- Work directly with all levels of operations via phone, email or in person.
- High School Diploma Required; Bachelor?s degree or equivalent experience a plus.
- External sales and Sales management required.
- Persuasion and negotiation skills to sell product in profitable deals.
- Strong Management skills to lead employees across different territories.
- Effective communication skills to both listen and speak to all types of individuals.
- Business acumen to determine and enforce beneficial strategies to run the sales team.
- Proficient in and/or ability to learn quickly the use of smartphones, apps, CRM, Microsoft Office, and sales performance management tools.
- Must be able to travel to visit customers and brokers and work trade shows.
- 45 plus hours per week, exempt level position, travel required.
This position requires the candidate who accepts the position to sign a restrictive covenants document; Non-Competition and Non-Disclosure.
Indeed Hire and Albanese Confectionery are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- External sales and Sales management: 1 year (Required)
- smartphones, apps, CRM, Microsoft Office, and sales performance management: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Required)
- 50% (Required)
- Merrillville, IN: Between 21 and 30 miles (Preferred)