Location: New Jersey
Serves as the strategic HR partner for a division or set of functions and businesses. The primary accountability is to provide Human Resources strategies, processes, and practices that align with and accelerate the business objectives. This will be accomplished through strong leadership and development coaching and by aligning services across the Virtua HR system (or across the HR Centers of Excellence) as well as with external partnerships.
The HR Director/Business Partner provides strategic leadership in the areas of human resources operations, budget management, service delivery, and process improvement. Acts as a strategic business partner, working with the client leadership, and HRTeam to establish HR initiatives that will accelerate the business strategy/objectives for the department. Works with Compensation, Benefits & Wellness, Talent & Organizational Effectiveness, and HR Analytics to design and administer programs for the business group, ensuring alignment to key metrics. Provides leadership and education on philosophy/approach/tools as it relates to performance management. Participates in the implementation and measurement of HR strategies to enable and support the client?s business initiatives.
Partner with senior management to develop and execute business strategy
- Translate current and future business needs into an overall integrated strategic plan
- Create strategic workforce plans that align with business strategy (succession planning, diversity, workforce balancing, training)
- Understand external trends and issues in healthcare
- Provide organizational design and development consultation
- Ensure people and organizational issues become strategic
- Provide people management data analysis implications and recommendations
Act as advisor to senior leadership team of assigned area
- Provide coaching to senior leaders and their teams
- Foster teamwork, innovation resolution and inclusion
- Acts as an integrated member of business unit management teams to assure alignment between HR contributions and business unit needs.
- Promote management practices which create a high performance culture focused on Virtua Values and expected Behaviors
- Lead, measure and facilitate the improvement of leadership and team effectiveness
- Keep current on HR trends and practices
Act as Business HR Account Manager
- Select, apply and implement HR services and solutions to fit the business needs; identifies resources to address those needs; and provides appropriate interventions including training or developmental sessions as appropriate.
- Facilitate the understanding among the Virtua leadership team of new HR programs and the impact on their business
- Eight to ten years plus years of management experience in Human Resources
- High degree of emotional intelligence, along with success at collaborating and influencing with leaders at varied levels on small to complex business decisions
- Demonstrated experience with HR Metrics and goal setting
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Successful experience with leading, building and working in teams
- Ability to effectively coach others through complex, difficult and emotional issues.
BS degree – preferably in HR, Business or other related course of study;
Master?s degree preferred
Training / Certification / Licensures:
Human Resources Certification through HRCI or SHRM preferred