In keeping with our organization?s goal of improving the lives of the Guests we serve, the Business Office/Admissions Assistant provides administrative and secretarial support for the Business Office, as well as the Admissions Office. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, the Business Office/Admissions Assistant performs duties such as financial record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, mail delivery, reception, and working on special projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Provides general office support for the Business Office Manager as well as the Admissions Coordinator.
2. Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the Business Office and retrieves information from files when needed.
3. Sorts and distributes mail. May open mail for the Administrator and other department heads when directed.
4. Provides coverage for front desk and relieves receptionist for breaks.
5. Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
6. Assists the Business Office Manager with the daily operations of the Business Office, such as preparing deposits, taking payments, disbursing petty cash and resident trust funds, and any other tasks as assigned.
7. Balances and maintains the Resident Trust account for the facility.
8. Assists Guests and family members in applying for Medicaid and other financial assistance.
9. Reports all hazardous conditions, damaged equipment and supply issues to appropriate persons.
10. Assures that established infection control and standard precaution practices are maintained at all times. Follows established safety precautions when preforming tasks and using equipment and supplies.
11. Maintains the comfort, privacy and dignity of Guests and interacts with them in a manner that displays warmth, respect and promotes a caring environment.
12. Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with Guests, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
13. Answers and respond to call lights promptly and courteously when working in Guest care areas.
14. Attend and participate in departmental meetings and in-services as directed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Illuminate HC provides equal employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, height, weight, Veteran status, marital status genetic information or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.