Art Prep / Graphic Art / Admin
Heritage Logoworks is a small (but growing) contract screen printing and embroidery shop located in Plymouth MI. We are in need of a graphic artist with strong communication and organizational skills. Your main responsibilities will be creating art proofs, separating art for screen printing films, operating a vinyl cutter, and corresponding with customers. You will work directly with the screen printing production manager, as well as the owners.
A good fit for this position is someone with strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and strong attention to detail. You can work with others but also can stay on task by yourself. Knowledge of screen printing is a huge plus, but not a requirement (we can train anyone with a good attitude).
The general description of your day to day:
- Start with checking your email account. You will be communicating with b2b clients directly. These tasks include- Reviewing purchase orders, Inputting purchase orders into job system, creating art proofs, and answering questions about pricing & general screen printing knowledge. If you are not familiar with screen printing that is okay, we are happy to teach you. Once you get the basics down it is not too complicated.
- Review the daily and weekly production charts in order to know which jobs are higher priority than others.
- Separate art and create films.
- Communicate with the production manager and meet any tasks they require.
- Set up and operate vinyl cutter. (there are others in the shop who will share this task with you)
- Dependable transportation to work
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and/or Corel Draw.
- Experience with Gmail or other email service
- Screen printing knowledge is a plus not a requirement! We will train the right person for the job.
Other pieces of information
- Compensation starts at $?-$? based on experience.
- We do offer a health care plan through the company if you are interested.
- Ideally your normal hours are from 7am-3:30pm. (We?re open to minor adjustments)
- We are flexible when you need a day off, or a half-day. In most cases you will have the option to make up the time during the rest of the week.
- PTO is accumulated after 1 year of work
If you have questions you can call the shop at 734-414-0343.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 to $14.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule