Catlin Gabel School seeks to employ the best qualified individuals from available applicants and to provide them with opportunity for advancement in a manner that does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal equal employment opportunity laws or regulations.
Position: Advancement Services Coordinator
FTE: 0.75 (Non-Exempt)
Reports To: Advancement Services Director
The Advancement team raises philanthropic funds through a variety of appeals, campaigns, and events to support the school?s operations. The Advancement Services team supports and optimizes the team?s fundraising efforts by updating and managing constituent and gift data in The Raiser?s Edge/NXT, Greater Giving and Veracross. The Advancement Services Coordinator also supports the Advancement team at various fundraising events. Catlin Gabel School seeks to employ the best qualified individuals from available applicants and to provide them with opportunity for advancement in a manner that does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under local, state or federal equal employment opportunity laws or regulations.
- Enter daily gifts, pulled from several centralized sources (online contributions, online project-management system) into The Raiser?s Edge.
- Generate daily gift logs via The Raiser?s Edge to report to the Advancement team.
- Regularly update constituent data in database, including addresses, contact information, marital/deceased status, etc.
- Manage regular acknowledgment letter process for all gifts, including generating them via mail merge, proofreading for accuracy, sending letter batches for review/signature collection, and updating/adding letter templates.
- Coordinate month-end reconciliation with the business office?s general ledger, including generating end-of-month reports on gifts received.
- Generate constituent mailing lists for donor solicitations and fundraising reports as requested by Advancement and Executive teams.
- Ensures accurate data collection and data integrity through monthly and annual data checks and reviews of donor records.
Although this is an advancement-support position, the successful candidate does not necessarily need preexisting advancement experience to be a good fit for the role. A candidate could also be considered well qualified with database-management, administrative, editorial, or accounting experience, or a combination of these types of experience.
- High attention to detail for entering and reviewing numerical data and organizational abilities.
- Ability to manage several tasks at one time or in sequence.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Word and Excel including mail merge and formulas.
- Comfortable working with sensitive and highly confidential information.
- Experience with The Raiser?s Edge or similar customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Proofreading and light copy-editing skills, to apply to customized acknowledgment letters and in-house process documents.
- Ability to maintain and update process map(s) that detail this role?s multi-faceted duties.
- Knowledge of gift entry, receipting, and reporting, as well as general accounting principles
- Familiar with general principles of advancement and philanthropy.
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 Exact days and time are flexible within these hours up to 30 hours a week.
- Office environment, may require lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Occasional evening and weekends required.
- Medical, dental, vision, and hearing insurance with premiums subsidized by the employer
- 403b retirement plan with 6% employer match
- Optional pre-tax flexible spending health and childcare accounts
- Life and disability insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Vacation leave
- Employee assistance program
- Travel insurance
- Professional development funds
- Tuition remission for employee children accepted into the academic program