Location: New York
Warden School District
101 W. Beck Way
Warden, Washington 98857
Tel: 509 349-2366 FAX: 509 349-2367
Job Title: Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent
DESCRIPTION: This position?s responsibility, under the direction of the Superintendent, is to assist in the successful operations of the district office. This position will work collaboratively with district office personnel and building staff to build a positive work environment.
- High School Graduation or Equivalent
- Experience using Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experience in Bookkeeping or Records Keeping
- Knowledge of Office Procedures & Equipment
- Willingness to learn the Skyward/WSIPC/WesPac System and account code structure
- Ability to accurately perform arithmetic calculations
- Ability to relate well with others & communicate in a professional manner
- Loyalty, professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be punctual, dependable and have consistent attendance
- Will provide quality customer service
Bilingual in Spanish
No direct report
- Answer the phone & acts as the district office receptionist
- Prepares, enters and processes the accounts payable for the various funds
- Prepares and issues 1099 reports
- Collects & files W-9 & Independent Contractor forms
- Enters purchase order control groups for the various schools & departments
- Enters purchase orders for the administration office and others as needed
- Prints, distributes, commits & liquidates the purchase orders
- Receipts local revenue as needed
- Prepares and makes weekly deposits of general fund money, balances petty cash
- Enters the general fund local receipt journal
- Sorts & distributes the district?s mail, date stamps Superintendent?s mail
- Prepares imprest checks for UPS pickups
- Loads postal machine warrants & orders postal updates
- Tracks facility use forms and updates facilities calendar
- Prepares and transmits monthly enrollment reports to the state/Works with CSRS/CEDARS submittals
- Transmits annual Home School Report, Truancy, Weapons, Unexcused Absence Reports & Annual Truancy petition filings Report
- Assists Superintendent with WEA Agreement and district correspondence
- Update Board Policy Books, send new or revised policies to technician to put on the web site
- Update District Personnel Roster as needed
- Maintains administration & district inventory
- Orders office supplies and forms as needed
- Assists with records retention
- Letter writing, proof reading, check for spelling and grammatical errors
- File advance leave/fax reports/district correspondence/contracts/choice transfers
- Attends meetings and participates in activities of WASBO
- May assist in other office duties
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate and necessary by the superintendent
Working area will be in a typical office setting. Provide assistance in the operations of the district office, as well as assist in the needs of staff, parents, and community members in a positive manner.
Experience in a rural school district working with a diversified population. Coaching, club and advisory positions available.
Terms of Employment
This is an 8 hour per day, 260 days per year position. The position is under the direct supervision of the Superintendent of Schools. Salary is dependent upon experience & board approval. Although this is not a PSE eligible position; holidays, leave and benefits are the same as those defined in the PSE contract. Working hours are from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Terms, working conditions and assignments may be amended or modified as deemed necessary by administrative decision.
Evaluation of this position will be consistent with State and district requirements.
Physical and Environmental Requirements of the Position:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must lift and/or move 25 to 50 pounds, and may assist, move, or restrain students with greater weight when required to intervene in student safety issues.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, lift, carry, move about, hear and speak. Employee may need to use physical restraint for safety of student and others in the district. Employee may be required to perform extensive work at a computer display terminal.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, or consistent with the subject being taught, but can be abnormally loud on occasion.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally work in outside weather conditions and be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, temperature fluctuations, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals commonly used in instruction and/or cleaning. It may be expected that the individual could be exposed to blood or other potentially infectious materials during the course of their duties. The employee may be exposed to infectious disease as carried by students.
The employee may be required to travel in school owned or leased vehicles while supervising and assisting students.
The Warden School District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, families with children, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a disabled person, Viet Nam or more recent veteran status and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. This holds true for all district employment and opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the school district?s Title IX/RCW 28A.640 compliance officer, Courtney McCoy, and Section 504/ADA coordinator, Jolinda Davis, at 101 W. Beck Way, Warden, WA 98857. Telephone (509) 349-2311 ext, 1580.
El Distrito Escolar de Warden cumple con todas las reglas y regulaciones federales y estatales y no discrimina por razones de edad, raza, credo, color, origen nacional, sexo, orientación sexual, estado civil, las familias con niños, la presencia de cualquier discapacidad sensorial, mental o física o el uso de un perro guía entrenado o animal de servicio por una persona con una discapacidad, Vietnam o estado veterano más reciente y proporciona igualdad de acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Esto es cierto para todo el empleo y las oportunidades del distrito. Las preguntas sobre los procedimientos de cumplimiento y / o quejas pueden ser dirigidas a Courtney McCoy, la oficial de cumplimiento título IX / RCW 28A.640 del distrito escolar, y a la coordinadora de la Sección 504/ADA, Jolinda Davis, al 101 W. Beck Way, Warden, WA 98857. Teléfono (509) 349-2311 extensión 1580.