We are currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Analyst to join our Accounting department. The analyst processes the receipt of the Firm’s revenues and cost reimbursements and is responsible for assisting in the coordination, review and processing of cash receipts, AR write-offs and various other cash receipts functions.
- Receive checks from mail room and scan to the lockbox for processing of payment for bills.
- Download file from lockbox and post all payments.
- Research client matter numbers and/or bill numbers for checks received without remittance statements or matter numbers.
- Process credit card payments from clients.
- Post and apply each receipt of cash, credit card, ACH or wire transfer into the accounting system.
- Review clients’ checks for completeness.
- Prepare bank deposit ticket when necessary.
- Prepare and distribute daily cash report to Firm leadership.
- Prepare checks and deposit ticket for bank.
- Maintain any hard copy and electronic files for cash receipts and accounts receivable.
- Match open bills and unapplied credits and apply payment at a minimum on a weekly basis.
- Process Accounts Receivable write-offs and adjustments and cash receipt application adjustments as requested by billing attorneys.
- Identify and process write-offs or reversals as necessary.
- Provide exceptional and proactive customer service to internal and external clients.
- Communicate with the attorney and their biller, collector and secretary about UC or other cash receipt situations when found using posting and review.
- Provide research on cash receipts when requested.
- Complete any forms submitted by client to be completed regarding receiving payment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in accounting preferred.
- 2-3 years related accounting experience.
- Experience with lockbox payment processing preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Close attention to accuracy and detail.
- PC Excel experience at an intermediate level.
- Ability to type 40 wpm required.
- AR experience preferred.
- Automated accounting system experience preferred.
- Change in current language.
Equal Opportunity Employer