Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate?s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry?s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Perfectly situated on famous Peachtree Street in downtown Atlanta, The Candler Hotel, a member of Curio Collection by Hilton, opens today within the historic Candler Building. The boutique-style hotel is a 17-story high-rise originally built in 1906 by Coca-Cola magnate Asa Griggs Candler as Atlanta?s first steel skyscraper and is recognized on the National Register of Historic Places.
After completing an expansive transformation led by award-winning interior designer Nicole Hollis, the building has been re-imagined as a luxurious, one-of-a-kind hospitality destination. Many of the building?s original Beaux-Arts architectural details have been preserved including their marbleized lobby and Tiffany windows. The hotel features 265 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites, a library, a gym outfitted by Peloton, and 6,000-sq. ft. of event space. Additionally, the hotel?s historic bank has been transformed into its signature restaurant and bar By George by local celebrity chef Hugh Acheson, a two-time James Beard Foundation Award winner and former contestant on Bravo?s Top Chef Masters.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for ensuring the key functions of payroll processing, cash handling, and accounts receivable processing and collections, are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Utilize and maintain the time and attendance system and process daily, weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payroll and related information to include payroll hours, verifying payroll information, recording miscellaneous earnings/deductions, etc.
- Review and ensure accuracy and appropriateness of all payroll input and output.
- Monitor, prepare, and communicate financial reports in accordance with Highgate Hotels?s required due dates.
- Retrieve and process all deposits in accordance with hotel standards.
- Maintain an adequate supply of cash/change and provide cash/change to all departments as needed
- Prepare Cash Over/Short reports on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
- Issue and redeem cashier banks as needed by the departments with the approval of the Accounting Manager.
- Audit cashier banks as required by hotel standards. Maintain all documentation.
- Process ?due backs? on a timely basis.
- Maintain all cashier contracts.
- Process petty cash receipts and reimbursements on a regular basis and inform management of any deviation to policy.
- Assist the sales effort in establishing customer credit in accordance with Highgate Hotels?s policies.
- Assist in the credit process of application processing, reference checks, credit limitation, direct billing list, deposit requirements, and all other credit-related activities.
- Provide customers with accurate and timely invoices, statements, and schedules.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely fashion and communicate all issues and/or disputes to the appropriate supervisor(s).
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracing system, issuing letters, monitoring returned checks and charge backs, performing collection calls and preparing bad debt write-offs.
- Monitor guest ledger, advance deposit ledger and any other related ledgers to ensure proper internal control.
- Keep management aware of any unusual operation or financial occurrences and/or significant deviations from policies and procedures.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or related experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- College courses in an associate field preferred.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work ? Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotels Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotels Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.