Get Rewarded For Your Finance Abilities! Join Maricopa County’s Finance Team!
ABOUT THE OFFICE OF or ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF:
The Finance Department values growth and progression amongst its employees. Staff are provided with paid educational and professional development training. Flex schedules are available to assist employees’ work-life balance. The Valley Metro Platinum Pass Card is available so transportation is never an issue!
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Accountant will assist both the financial reporting and financial services area and will mainly be responsible for approving transactions in the financial system, working with internal departments to ensure financial transactions are properly recorded, and provide general accounting reconciliations.
We recognize your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a closely related field.
Our Preferred Candidate has:
- Professional level accounting or financial experience
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Works with internal departments to ensure general accounting needs are met and financial transactions are properly recorded; including reviewing and approving financial transactions
- Performs general accounts reconciliations and reporting functions.
- Coordinates with internal departments to enhance processes and/or procedures as requested including providing training regarding County procedures and policies.
- Provides downloads of financial transactions as needed to facilitate the reporting of transactions.
- Supports the daily activities of the department, including but not limited to various aspects of internal and external financial reporting as well as general accounting functions.
General Office Environment.
Maricopa County is an EEO/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Selection Procedure
The hiring authority will select the successful candidate based on departmental needs.
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehires at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically successful candidates are hired at a salary rate, up to the midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience, internal equity, and budgetary allowances.