What you?ll be doing…
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business ? quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Centre for Excellence in Lake Mary, FL. We?re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to handle customer calls relating to missing or misapplied payments and refunds.
- This position requires follow-up with customers through various communication methods based on the customer?s preferred method of contact and will ensure all required data is obtained from the customer in order to complete the payment investigation to validate that payment has been posted properly or a refund is due to the customer.
- Candidate will utilize various billing and payment systems to research customer payments.
- Position requires communication with both internal and external customers.
- Candidate will potentially be required to work a flexible schedule to include occasional Saturdays.
Our business is fueled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we?re helping to create a better future ? transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we?ll support you every step of the way. Whether that?s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
What we?re looking for…
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- One to three years of experience in the payment industry preferred.
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm focus during hectic periods.
- Possess strong positive interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Possess basic knowledge of various payment types and payment processing rules.
- Competent knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products and financial systems programs.
- Understanding and/or working knowledge of billing and payment systems.
- Ability to receive supervision and occasional guidance on achieving short term goals and operating objectives; may work independently with limited supervision.
When you join Verizon…
You?ll have the power to go beyond ? doing the work that?s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you?ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we?ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.