International Limited Speedcast International Ltd (asx: SDA) is the largest provider of remote communications and IT services in the world. Speedcast’s fully-managed service is delivered via a leading global, multi-access technology, multi-band and multi-orbit network of 70+ satellites and an interconnecting global terrestrial network, bolstered by extensive on-the-ground local support from 40+ countries. This global “network of networks” allows customers to fully rely on the most robust, integrated infrastructure available in the market for their mission critical applications. Speedcast is uniquely positioned as a strategic business partner, tailoring communications, IT and digital solutions to meet unique customer needs and enable business transformation. Speedcast extends its managed services through differentiated technology offerings including cyber-security, crew welfare, content solutions, data and voice applications, and network systems integration services. With a passionate customer focus and a strong safety culture, Speedcast serves more than 2,000 customers in more than 140 countries in sectors such as Maritime, Energy, Mining, Enterprise, Media, Cruise, NGOs and Government. Learn more at www.speedcast.com.
· Customer Focus: We hold ourselves accountable for responding to customer requests in a timely and straightforward manner.
· Agile & Responsive: We bring energy to everything we do. We creatively turn problems into opportunities.
· Success Through People & Safety: We make health and safety our priority, because we know it?s the people behind the technology that make the difference.
· Team Spirit: We work together to pursue our goals and objectives, support each other, and achieve the right outcomes.
The Field Technician reports to the Field Services Manager and is responsible for installation, operation and maintenance of VSAT, marine and other communications related equipment offshore, onshore and any other remote locations. Through strategic direction and accountability, this position will perform and implement Speedcast Field Services initiatives related to Field Services Operations to ensure contracted services are delivered to meet customer?s satisfaction, whilst optimizing the potential to maximize the margin.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Carry out or assist in surveys, installations, commissioning and operation of Communication Systems in line with scope of work
- Travel to any location as directed by Field Services Coordinator taking into account HSE issues regarding travel abroad
- Keep local client representatives updated on ongoing work, projects, operations etc.
- Participate in the established KPI process, including bi-yearly reviews, agreement of business, team and individual objectives, and an updated personal development and training plan
- Work in compliance with required QHSE policies and procedures
- Attendance and completion of HES training as well as other company provided training
- Report any accident, incident or occurrence deemed dangerous or hazardous through the channels provided by the Company?s Management Systems
- Actively participate in the development of the Company?s QHSE culture and Management Systems by way of suggesting improvements, ideas or additions
- Perform assignments as directed by Customer Service Centre or Operation engineers
- Recognize situations requiring a service call escalation
- Provides timely, accurate and unambiguous updates to the ticketing system
- Effective ‘debrief’ and reporting of service calls after closing/ending these
- Follow appropriate procedures, either internal or by the client as needed to resolve the issue
- Communicate issue and problem resolution notes with Field Technician Coordinator, Operations Engineers and Customer Service Centre
- Work within established guidelines and procedures
- Maintain work areas in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform any other duties assigned by your manager
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Explore opportunities to add value to the existing job or future jobs by the clients and sites visited
- University degree in Computer Science or Network/Telecommunications or 5 years of equivalent experience
- Technical knowledge of Electro-Mechanical systems, or a degree equivalent Electronic/Electrical Engineering qualification
- A good understanding of HES issues for offshore work and work in remote locations
- Good troubleshooting skills, and ability to work with complex problems
- Well organized, and the ability to prioritize under pressure
- Good verbal communication skills
Good interpersonal skills; with the ability to work as part of a team.
**No Visa Sponsorship for this position**
Speedcast is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan