Posted Date: Nov 12 2019
Are you looking for a fast-paced administrative role that supports senior leadership in a global environment? If so, this Executive Administrative Assistant role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As an Executive Administrative Assistant, you will provide efficient and comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the VP of HR for US Pharma, being their key interface both internally and externally using exceptional business knowledge, stakeholder management, administrative abilities and judgment.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following?
- Responsible for full schedule management as appropriate.
- Monitor internal and external correspondence ensuring appropriate reply or prompt delegation and tracking of actions in an independent manner.
- Escalate necessary queries as appropriate.
- Handle internal and external telephone calls in an appropriate manner.
- Work with relevant internal departments and external organizations to research content to prepare correspondence and presentations.
- Organize travel itineraries, liaising with internal and with external organizations.
- Work with the GSK HR System, Workday running queries, pivot tables and analytics to support VP HR.
We are looking for someone with these key skills:
- Experience with team sites ? share point, etc.
- Competent in GSK systems, especially Workday.
- Experience of supporting a diverse and dispersed HR team locally and globally.
- Confident in analyzing facts and data.
- Strong organizational and administration skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload, working with tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Comfortable in interfacing with all levels of the organization and working at a senior level, with high level of awareness of interdepartmental relationships.
- Ability to cope with ever increasing changes whilst maintaining a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task without compromising quality of work.
- Excellent team player with good listening skills and ability to work unsupervised.
- Outstanding GSK administrative knowledge.
- Masterful when dealing with confidential matters.
- Exceptional people skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages ? excel, word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrable experience in taking the initiative and acting independently.
- Understands the challenges of managing in a complex matrix internally and supporting external meeting management as required.
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- High-level customer service and support in highly matrixed environment.
- Computer proficiency in databases and software applications.
- Use understanding of concepts and methodology of work performed to proactively deal with issues for manager and in manager?s absence using initiative and knowledge to bring resolution. Identify and propose creative and interpretive process improvements on a regular basis. Provide guidance to the direct reports of the executive in absence of direct access to leader.
- Co-ordinate extensive and complex travel including preparation of itineraries and collation of documentation. Produce all types of documentation including preparation of materials in advance of regular key meetings.
- Monitor manager?s inbox on a regular basis and within agreed parameters, deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence in a proactive and timely manner (follow up on replies, recommend action to be taken, draft responses, and filter to appropriate people). Uses independent judgement to understand what is important and critical and support the action of these.
- Organize all logistics for complex meetings (technology, room booking, facilities, visitors, catering etc), conferences and events whilst adhering to the meetings policies, liaising with internal/ external parties.
- Be competent in various GSK database, software and internal systems to complete expenses on time, manage invoices and raise purchase orders.
- Manage a high-volume workload proactively to a consistently high standard, by setting priorities, objectives and target dates.
- Undertake ad hoc reports/projects as required simultaneously with routine work, and may provide project leadership for department initiatives. Project management of complex, global admin related tasks and events across different time zones.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- Advanced IT skills to include Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel, use of inter- and intranet.
- Previous experience of supporting senior managers, at minimum VP level.
- Experience of interacting with other senior managers.
- Recognized qualifications in administration and software package usage (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, Workday).
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelors Degree
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail, including ability to handle complex travel arrangements and organize cross-site events.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making ? using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK?s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK?s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.