(Published at 28-01-2020)
Under minimum supervision, performs diagnostic, service, and installation electrical work in residential customer?s home. Installs, maintains, and repairs electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensures that work is performed in accordance with relevant codes. Communicates with residential customer to answer questions, resolve problems, and ensure complete customer satisfaction. Promotes products and services to customer. Works under the direction of the Field Supervisor or Branch Manager.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves customer problems in a courteous, professional, timely, and accurate manner.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem. May provide preliminary sketches or cost estimates for materials or services
- Inspects electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure in compliance with codes.
- Tests electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plans layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Repairs or replaces wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools. Connects wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components. Fastens small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Places conduit, pipes, or tubing inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pulls insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Installs ground leads and connects power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Constructs and fabricates parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, amp meters, or test lamps.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Maintains current electrician’s license in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Ensures company property, vehicles, and tools are being used, maintained and properly accounted for.
- Following standard procedures and process, ensures that the company vehicle is properly stocked, returns defective warranty parts to branch, and orders/replenishes vehicle stock as needed.
- Represents the company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and activities.
- Performs similar/other duties as needed or assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Four years experience in electrical repair, maintenance, and installation in addition to on-the-job training.
- Current knowledge of and continuing education in national, state, and local electrical code regulations.
- Knowledge of machines and tools used in the construction or repair of houses, buildings and other structures. This knowledge includes the machine and tools design, uses, repairs, and maintenance.
- Working proficiency in basic mathematics and metric and standard measurements.
- Proficient at reading wiring diagrams and troubleshooting problems with electrical systems and equipment
- Proficient mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment.
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns.
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills.
- Valid driver?s license with acceptable driving record.
- Available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed.
- Ability to stand and walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces. Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception. Must be able to accurately distinguish colors for proper installation.
- Hand/eye coordination
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and ability to lift and carry, including carrying up ladders, items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time