- Develop business strategy awareness to align Disaster Recovery Plans in support of the agreed Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
- Production and regular maintenance of the DR plans including forecast, assessment and prioritization of system and infrastructure recovery builds.
- Act as the first line of support and DR authority on behalf of the region; leading the recovery plan in the event of invocation.
- Ongoing reviews of site recovery and technical recovery plans, ensuring effectiveness or identification of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Maintain up to date DR documentation.
- Provide consultancy and challenge to all new projects ensuring appropriate level of DR consideration, planning and action throughout the lifecycle.
- Highlight and escalate risks, ensuring suitable mitigation is planned and actioned .
- Development of management metrics and reporting on the DR Portfolio.
- Planning, resourcing and execution of Disaster Recovery testing exercises to include BIA items inclusive of third-party testing
- Operational acceptance reviews for DR suitability on new deployments.
- Ownership of post Disaster Recovery testing exercises; reporting, conclusions and remediation works.
- Daily monitoring of backup and storage replication success and for the escalation of any issues .
- Technical reviews of the replication-based recovery technologies for ongoing suitability.
- Monitoring of backup and archiving use and capability and adoption of efficiency?s where possible.
- Regular Data Centre ready state reviews, with the DC manager.
- Manage divisional compliance with Group Policy and standards and IT Service processes to ensure alignment to best practice and divisional requirements.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external stakeholder relationships to understand priorities, monitor service delivery and recommend continuous improvement opportunities for recovery and reduction in down time.
- Collaboration with architect and technical groups to extend and foster thoughtful and timely Disaster Recovery design within replication and other technologies .
- Collaborate with BCP teams as required.
- Development and implementation of continuous improvement process to streamline DR and minimise recovery time.
- Strategic planning and ongoing review of DR techniques and technological improvements in recovery methods and their suitability for use in the estate.
- Acts as a point of reference to guide and advise others to ensure the sharing of knowledge and best practice.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5 years as a DR Manager, the most recent roll being as a DR Manager in a regulated industry.
- Detailed understanding of storage-based replication recovery technologies.
- Extensive experience with VM recovery tools, backup/archiving techniques, high availability and physical server recovery.
- Working knowledge and experience in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrable experience in working directly with outsourcers, business owners and IT teams and in driving these to meet stated objectives.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in Disaster Recovery best practices and models.
- Diverse and broad general understanding of IT systems and servers.
- Creation of short and medium term disaster recovery support strategy.
- Experienced in the delivery of multiple DR projects; overseeing all aspects of the project, including planning, resource allocation, design and execution.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated able to set direction and approach, resolve conflict, execute and escalate where necessary.
- Ability to communicate replication, high availability, Database and infrastructure recovery technologies to non-technical audience with clarity and precision.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Able to establish collaborative working relationships within cross matrix organisation.
- ITIL V3 foundation certificate – Expert (or equivalent)
- A Project Management certification
- Strong subject matter leadership skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good supplier management skills
- Excellent communication skills ? both written and oral
- Able to proactively manage customer and key stakeholder expectations
- Able to work effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience working within a pressured environment, often to tight deadlines
- Understanding of business and change drivers in IT and the Insurance industry
- Good/excellent knowledge of key service management functions
- Excellent understanding and background of infrastructure and technology environment and management
- Experience, within financial services, preferably commercial insurance and/or reinsurance.
- Strong demonstrable previous experience within ITSM and related functions
- Demonstrable broad and deep experience of delivering service within a multi-team, complex business environment.
- Experience of supporting service improvement plans.
- Experienced delivering IT services within a multi-vendor environment and complex infrastructure.
- Experience of working with outsourced service partners
QBE Cultural DNA
Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) ? because we know it’s not just what we do that matters, it’s how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviours that link to our cultural elements:-We are customer-centred-We are technical experts-We are diverse-We are fast-paced-We are courageous-We are accountable-We are a teamAll employees are expected to adhere to QBE?s Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
- Infrequent (approximately 1-4 trips annually)
- General office jobs: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is not substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Incumbent must be able to lift basic office equipment up to 20 lbs.
US Only – Disclaimer
To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee?s normal duties. Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
Number of Openings:
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click “Apply” and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.