Department Clerk 3 (75)
Centre County, Pennsylvania
(Published at 27-01-2020)
- Types letters, reports, memos, and other documents required by the department staff.
- Greets and assists general public by taking or providing information, receiving payments, or directing them to proper locations.
- Sorts, copies, and/or files correspondence and documents with the department.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes department mail.
- Answers telephone calls and responds to general questions; directs other calls to proper individuals or takes messages.
- Processes required department documents, forms, and/or reports as required.
- Updates information to the computer database.
- Operates computer, typewriter, adding machine, or other office equipment as necessary.
- Assists with other clerical duties in absence of department clerical staff or on an as-needed basis.
- Updates and maintains computer databases used within the department.
- Assists in administration of special department functions.
- Acts as lead worker for clerical positions in absence of supervisor.
- Attends meetings or training sessions as required.
- Prepares billings and related reports as required.
- Assists with bank deposits or other financial/accounting duties as directed.
- Orders office supplies as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Required Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Basic/introductory Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel. Completion of at least one (1) business course beyond high school level. Two to three (2-3) years working experience in county government or social service field preferred.