An exciting opportunity for an experienced conference producer to join a B2B media company in Downtown Manhattan and work across a portfolio of industry-leading events.
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic conference producer to develop compelling programs and build long-term relationships with our community. We?re looking for someone who can multi-task and has a good understanding of what to prioritize when, in order to deliver an event to a high standard and on time.
You will work closely with other members of the team ? marketing, logistics, delegate sales and sponsorship ? to ensure overall success of the event. Types of events include conferences, think tanks, breakfast briefings, round-tables, training seminars and webinars. Number of attendees at our conferences range from 50 to 250. We plan to expand into new markets and we?re looking for someone who has the confidence to work on launching new events from scratch. We have high standards and this is a demanding role with a lot of responsibility.
This role will include but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Gain comprehensive understanding of the market and our community?s needs
- Put together a compelling program via desk and phone research and recruit notable speakers
- Produce ?winning? marketing copy that speaks to our audience and pushes delegate sales
- Send personal invitations to key contributors to get them to attend think tanks and briefings
- Work with sales teams to develop strong sales messages and help convert leads to sales
- Match sponsor-speakers with topics on the agenda that best suits their area of expertise
- Meticulously manage your admin ? update CRM and event site with agendas, speakers, etc.
- Communicate progress regularly on agenda and speakers to coordinate activities with teams
- Be the principal face of your event online and the primary contact for your speakers
- Put together slides for the event, host panel prep calls and speaker briefings
- Run the event onsite, manage Q&A and represent the brand during networking sessions
- Run debrief calls post-event to lead improvements for next time, thank speakers, etc.
- Project manage each event from start to finish to ensure all tasks are done on time
- Continuously update the event format to keep our events fresh and commercially viable
- Become part of the community by engaging with them year-round on social media
- Build a network of industry contacts with a view of developing new business opportunities
- Contribute positively with ideas to improve existing processes and products
- Generate new topics and event ideas based on thorough research to launch new conferences
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and profile:
- 1-2 years? experience producing agendas and programs for conferences and content-led events
- Ability to research a new topic and get to grips with the stakeholders and their needs quickly
- Driven to meet and exceed targets ? comfortable working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Commercial acumen and interest in finding new niches and opportunities for conferences
- Sector experience in investor relations or corporate governance, is desirable but not essential
- Enjoys being on the phone, being the face of the brand and building relationships
- Proactive, self-motivated, organized, independent and a problem solver
- Positive outlook, keeps things moving forward and a flexible, collaborative team player
- Proficient in MS Office with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally if necessary
Salary for this position is competitive dependent on experience and the right candidate will have the opportunity to earn commission from the successful delivery of events. IR Media Group also offers an excellent benefits package which includes a full personal health insurance policy which is paid for by the company, a 3% 401k contribution (regardless of employee contribution) and 20 vacation days per annum rising annually to 25 days per annum after six years of service.
The role is based in our New York office, in the financial district with occasional domestic and international travel for events.
IR Media Group is an international business media company renowned for our magazines, events and research. With roots in the Economist Group, our flagship publication, IR Magazine is essential reading for executives around the world. Our conferences and awards are a key part of the calendar in leading financial centres including New York, London and Hong Kong.
On offer is a great opportunity to develop your career in an informal work environment where talent and ambition are recognized and rewarded. With a very strong team ethic, we are passionate about what we do, offer great customer service to our clients and proud of the work we deliver.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Typical start time:
Typical end time: