Become a better engineer by building things that help local businesses around the world thrive
Groupon?s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfil our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we?re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation and celebrates success.
We’re a “best of both worlds” kind of company. We’re big enough to have the resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We’re curious, fun, and love helping local businesses thrive. We believe that our differences as individuals make our team stronger. We value those who look through a different lens, and appreciate other worldviews. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation and celebrates success.
We are looking for an engineer to join our Cloud Centre of Excellence team to support and evolve the design, implementation of our global move to cloud initiative, our team:
- Manages AWS account creation and governance
- Provides oversight on AWS spend and usage
- Researches & evangelizes patterns on cloud adoption
- Sets architecture standards and frameworks
- Develops tools to support Groupon AWS best practices and provides guard rails
- Plays an important role in ensuring Groupon’s transition to Cloud is executed successfully and efficiently as possible.
You?ll spend time on the following:
- Being a subject matter expert on Terraform and AWS CloudFormation patterns
- Onboarding engineering teams to Groupon AWS Cloud Systems
- Implement best practices for multi AWS account IAM and access models into each environment
- Automation of our AWS account provisioning and modifications
- Craft and implement guardrails for our engineers operating in cloud.
- Work directly with our internal engineering teams to ensure that our technology infrastructure is seamlessly and effectively designed for cloud
- Provide support for AWS/Cloud related issues; Triage and fix issues reported by other teams to help with early resolution
- Participate in on-call rotation as needed during peak periods.
We?re excited about you if you have:
- BS Computer Science Information Technology or Information Science
- At least 3 years? industry experience working in production AWS Cloud ecosystems
- At least 2 years creating automation production services in AWS at scale leveraging Terraform or AWS CloudFormation
- At least 2 years? experience monitoring the data governance and protocol management of multiple AWS account
- At least 2 years? implementing AWS account provisioning and modifications
- Experience writing, reviewing code and testing methodologies
- Understand the challenges of cloud around design for failure, security and cost management.
- A DevOps/CI/CD mentality
- A big plus if you have a MS Computer Science
- A big plus if you have AWS Certification
- A big plus if you have experience writing code with Python, Go or Scala
- A big plus if you have experience writing code leveraging AWS API?s
We value engineers who are:
Customer-focused: We believe that doing what?s right for the customer is ultimately what will drive our business forward.
Values Quality: Your Production code Just Works & scales linearly
Team players. You believe that more can be achieved together. You listen to feedback and also provide supportive feedback to help others grow/improve.
Fast learners: We are willing to disrupt our existing business to trial new products and solutions. You love learning how to use new technologies and then rapidly apply them to new problems.
Pragmatic: We do things quickly to learn what our customers desire. You know when it?s appropriate to take shortcuts that don?t sacrifice quality or maintainability.
Owners: Engineers at Groupon know how to positively impact the business.
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon?s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.