Certified Coder/Billing Manager
Margolin & Keinarth, MD
(Published at 27-10-2019)
We are currently looking for a Certified Coder/Billing Manager(full-time) to join our team. The primary purpose of the Billing Manager position is to assist in the day-to-day accounting functions of the practice in accordance with current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles relating to health care operations as may be directed by the Practice Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in implementing the day-to-day functions of the Billing department
- Oversee and streamline billing and collections processes
- Implement written policies and procedures that govern accounting functions
- Plan and implement quality assurance for all processes
- Post and review payments received to the appropriate patient’s account.
- Special program/billing planning and implementation
- Assist in balancing accounts receivable reconciling statements as needed
- Conduct routine staff meetings regarding billing planning and implementations
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished
- Assist with the implementation of a new billing system (if/when needed)
- Assist in preparing financial and statistical reports as directed
- Develop and utilize computer reports and output
- File secondary claims and process refund requests
- Monitor and collect accounts receivables. Report delinquent accounts to the Practice Manager
- Assist in preparing monthly financial statements to include preparing monthly balance sheets, income reports, etc as required/directed
- Perform functions of computer/date processor as necessary or directed.
- Data entry on all patient charges and refunds
- Responsible for computer billings, mailing, recording and collection
- Data entry on all Medicare Part billing charges
- Maintain billing and payment log and complete all crossover billing as necessary or directed
- Responsible for completing all billing forms and back-up information required
- Responsible for keeping in contact with the responsible parties involved as to payments due and the status of their accounts
- Manage front office staff and perform yearly reviews
- Physician and Clinician credentialing and maintains insurance contracts
- HIPAA Compliance Officer
- Perform secretarial functions as necessary or directed
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility
- Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during work hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions
- Involved with patients, family members, personnel, visitors, etc
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel
- Attends and participates in continuing education programs
- Is subject to emotionally upset patients, family members, personnel, visitors, etc
This position is eligible for a generous benefits program including medical, 401(k), and a yearly medical scrub allowance once other monthly assignments are met.
The following qualifications and experience are important for success in this position:
- College degree in accounting/finance/business management preferred
- Certificate in medical coding (CPC) coupled with two years of medical billing/collections experience; or a minimum of five years of medical billing/collections experience.
- Experience with eMDs EMR
- Extensive knowledge of CPT, HCPCS & ICD-9 coding, Family Medicine experience
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
SUBMIT: COVER LETTER & RESUME. Your resume will not be accepted without a cover letter.
- CPC (Required)
- Family Practice Specialty Medical Codinga plus.
- Coder will need to validate their knowledge in family practice specialty with unique coding, reimbursement and compliance challenges.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Billing: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off