Develop and build specialty crates and pallets for shipping service parts to domestic and international customer base. Review and determine appropriate wood and other packaging materials to be used to ship large, heavy and or fragile equipment components. Will create technical drawings and keep required records for international shipments. Will require working with a wide variety of power tools, measuring devices and lifting equipment in safe and efficient manner. Would develop jigs and other tools to simplify the processes and maximize efficiencies.
- Measure cut and nail wood materials to create pallets, crates and other types of shipping containers. Designs and document materials and methods for specialized crates to include special fixtures to maximize productivity, improve safety and quality. Will set up and operate equipment necessary to build crates, pallets and other special shipping and storage structure.
- Set up affective processes and flow to produce daily crating requirements and ensure safety in the area
- Determine the structural requirements needed to support material weight and effectively protection while in transit to customers. Understands international shipping requirements heat treated material mandates and ensures the appropriate certifications and records are obtained and kept updated.
- Works with internal and external departments to understand delivery schedules and meet critical shipment deadlines.
- Determines the proper tools requirements to measure, cut and construct the required packaging. Performs necessary tool maintenance to optimize performance and longevity of all equipment. Obtains required Genie training and certifications for equipment in the area.
- Learns, understands and applies lean principles to the manufacturing processes in the crating area.
- Build and repair plywood storage totes currently being used in the warehouse to reduce cost
- 2+ years of experience using power saws and other tools necessary in the construction of structures
- 2+ years of experience quoting jobs
- 2+ years of experience designing elements to build
- Leadership of Foreman experience preferred
- Experience refining processes for efficiency
- Utilizing Excel Spreadsheets
- Creativity exhibited in ideas for improvements in processes and in ideas for cost-cutting measures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, requiring little or no supervision
- Requires sufficient reasoning ability to understand detailed, yet repetitive, written and oral instructions, and solve straight forward problems.
- Requires the ability to perform arithmetic calculations, read and record detailed measurements, counts, distances, and times.
- Requires the ability to learn and understand safety, continuous quality, and just-in-time within reasonable period of time.
- Requires the ability to work as a member of a team and maintain harmonious work relationships with others.
- Requires the ability to observe safe work practices and handle hazardous materials according to accepted procedures.
- May require the ability to perform work assignments on varying schedules.
- Requires ambulatory ability to walk, stand, reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crawl on a continuous basis; up to 10 hours a day.
- Requires the ability to lift, pull, push and guide medium weigh objects (20-40 pounds) on a continuous basis.
- Requires sufficient hand-arm-eye coordination to guide objects into specific placement or alignment, and make precise measurements.
- Requires visual acuity to observe moving objects and events, select, and place materials. Requires auditory ability to project voice in a production environment and hear instructions
Works in warehouse/ woodshop environment and operating air tools and other equipment such as nail guns, staple guns, saws and drills. Will require standing for extended periods, bending, pushing pulling and lifting to 40 lbs. This team member would also operate a forklift to move, load and unload required wood materials.
Location: US-WA North Bend-B30 HR
Department: Customer and Product Support
Job ID: 5126
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It?s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.