CROWDER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
Since 1947, Crowder has built a legacy of success in the construction industry. We work throughout the Southeast on heavy construction infrastructure projects ranging from bridges, dams, water and waste water treatment facilities, power plants and other energy facilities. We are a general contractor who self performs civil, electrical and mechanical trades on both traditional and more complex alternative delivery projects. As a family-owned company, it is the spirit of not only doing the right things, but doing things the right way that is the true legacy of our founders and our people. If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today. Crowder is Building America and Proud of It® as reflected in our Mission Statement: We are dedicated to superior performance and committed to making a positive difference for our clients, for our communities, and in the lives of our employees.
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver’s license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Primary function of a Carpenter: Build and set forms and pour concrete.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- Select specified type of lumber or other materials.
- Prepare layout using a rule or measuring tape and framing square.
- Mark cutting and assembly lines on materials, using a pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Shape materials to prescribed measurements, using saws, chisels, and planes.
- Assemble cut and shaped materials and fasten them together with nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Construct forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above the ground level.
- Saw lumber to blueprint dimensions, using a handsaw or power saw, and nail lumber together to make form panels.
- Erect built-in-place forms or assemble and install prefabricated forms.
- Anchor and brace forms to fixed objects, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, and steel cables.
- Some assembly of forms may be required by bolt up connections.
- Layout and install embeds in concrete form-work.
- Proficient in rigging and flagging cranes.
- Must be safety minded and adhere to all safety policies.
- Complete all additional duties as directed by supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years verifiable experience as a carpenter in industrial construction
- Work within precise standards of accuracy
- Must have basic carpenter tools
- Rate information using standards, which can be measured or checked
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape, and forms of lines, figures, and objects
- Must follow policies and procedures and support Crowder s goals and values
At the heart of Crowder s Mission Statement is the commitment to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees. Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Click the Apply button above to be considered for the opening.