Title: Receptionist, Building
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Employee Type: Full-Time, School Year Only, Hourly, Non-exempt
As the first point of contact that many students, families, and visitors see when they enter a school, your job duties are primarily communication-based. As such, you’ll need to be familiar with proper phone and email etiquette and possess strong interpersonal skills. In some cases, you may be required to provide secretarial support in addition to reception duties.
This list is intended to be illustrative rather than complete and serves to show major duties and responsibilities and does not express or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. The employee will be required to perform other duties requested by the supervisor and/or school administrator.
- Answer, screen, and forward all incoming calls within 3 rings
- Performs clerical duties for CCS administrative staff including but not limited to filing, data entry, and scanning
- Process outgoing mail, mass mailings, and faxes.
- Distributes all incoming mail.
- Greets all students, parents, and visitors to the CCS office and directs them appropriately
- Maintains the highest level of school security by monitoring visitor access and providing visitors with the proper visitor identification
- Enforces the CCS Student Code of Conduct, the CCS Uniform Code, and the CCS Computer Usage Code
- Promotes good citizenship through actions as a role model
- Conducts himself or herself according to professional, ethical principles that reflect favorably upon the individual and the school
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality pertaining to school and students? information, progress, and records
- Assumes other responsibilities assigned by supervisor and/or school administrator
- Abides by the CCS Employee Manual, CCS policies and procedures, and all current PA Public School expectations
- Experience and demonstrated competence with clerical tasks
- Effective communication skills over the phone, in writing, and in person
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of basic computer operations and proficient with MS office products or equivalent products
- High school diploma or G.E.D., prefer some post-secondary school experience
- Required Clearances include Criminal Background Clearance (Act 34), Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151), and FBI Fingerprint Clearance (Act 114), all dated within one year of receipt
- Meets criteria for employment in a PA Public School
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb stairs, and reach overhead
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate depending on the specific site