If you?re passionate about becoming a Nationwide associate and believe you have the potential to be something great, let?s talk.
Number 57 on the Fortune Magazine 100 Best Places to Work.
This position is F2
Job Description Summary
Fulfills a wide variety of support processes for the Corporate Governance department and Nationwide Board members. Regularly coordinates meetings, completes business logistics, and travel arrangements for Board members. Composes and sends internal and external messages to Board member stakeholders. Coordinates customer, associate, and other stakeholder correspondence received for Board members. Interacts with Board members, senior management and senior management administrative assistants on a routine basis. Maintains and updates records, compiles and creates reports and presentations, and recommends changes to programs/procedures and implements as assigned.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to the AVP, Corp Gov & Asst Secretary
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- At the direction of the Corporate Secretary or Assistant Secretaries, coordinates scheduling of meetings that include Nationwide Board members (meetings with management, off-cycle Board and Board Committee meetings, board interviews, etc.).
- Makes travel arrangements for Board members and staff as directed.
- Creates the Board mail log based on mail received for Board members during each cycle, and monitors e-mail received for Board members.
- Coordinates escalated customer correspondence received for Board members with the Office of the Chief Customer Advocate, as well as escalated non-customer correspondence received for Board members with the responsible OCEO member.
- Provides assistance with office procedures and processes that help the team be more productive and efficient. Ensures logistics are completed in a manner consistent with all Nationwide policies.
- In coordination with Nationwide?s Event Management Group, executes the implementation of logistics details for Board of Directors meetings/events. May include certain travel arrangements, preparing expense reports and billing reconciliation.
- Maintains confidentiality of current Board and Nationwide information while interacting with retired Board members.
- May lead special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education : High school, vocational or technical business school studies in secretarial science. Undergraduate level coursework in related business field beneficial.
License/Certification/Designation : Administrative professional certification(s) a plus, such as Certified Administrative Professional (CAP), Certified World Class Assistant (CWCA), Certified Executive Administrative Professional (CEAP).
Experience : 5-10 or more years related administrative assistant / secretarial experience, meeting and conference planning, and/or communications experience.
Knowledge : Knowledge of company policies and organizational structure. Office planning and administration, and corporate procedures and policies knowledge. Knowledge of insurance/financial services concepts and terminology and business acumen.
Skills/Competencies : Decision-making skills to evaluate, recommend and implement solutions to work processing and office management issues. Verbal and written communication skills to correspond and interact with all levels of leaders and associates, the Board of Directors, external company executives and vendors. Extremely high level of quality. Ability to proofread own work and work of others for content and format accuracy. Expert ability to operate personal computer and business software including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDFs), Outlook, Skype, ePro, Concur, Egencia, Workday, relationship management and ability to build effective business relationships, political savvy.
Values : Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Overtime Eligibility : Not Eligible (Exempt)