Looking for a place where ?Doing the Most Good? is a mission! The Salvation Army has a Territorial Headquarters Billing/AR Specialist available for the ideal candidate.
We offer a competitive employee benefit program which includes a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, hearing and prescription drug plan, disability benefits, voluntary life insurance, 12 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation and 12 paid sick days. A hot lunch program is offered two days a week along with an on-site fitness center and a summer flex schedule.
This position is located in the northwest suburb of Hoffman Estates, Illinois near the Sears Centre.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position, please call 847-294-2166.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disabled.
The Billing/AR Specialist compiles data and prepares invoices and bills by performing the following duties:
- Prepare and distribute sales invoices, credit memos or debit memo on sales transactions.
- Prepare invoices for distribution and invoices for website orders; process merchandise returns.
- Maintain customer account cards in Great Plains software.
- Record customer payments to their accounts; posts transactions.
- Prepare standard deposits for Accounts Receivable.
- Process and maintain soldier uniform assistance orders
- Email statements to all DHQ (Divisional Headquarters) and Trades and mail out statements to all other customers.
- Enter merchandise for exchanges.
- Responds to customer queries, follows up on customer complaints/issues on a timely basis.
- Prepare daily sales, backorders and open order reports.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of Trade and Finance Accounts Receivable.
- Assist with analysis and justification of GL accounts.
- Assist customers with purchase of merchandise requests by answering customer inquiries concerning location, price and use of merchandise.
- Conduct periodic inventory of uniform items.
- Maintain appropriate orderly appearance of uniform and store areas; determine best location for store merchandise and displays.
- Fill out orders for walk in customers.
- Assist customers with the purchase of uniforms and uniforms accessories. Answer questions about fabric, design, quality and price of garments for walk in customers, phone and email request. Select standard size garments and maintain made to measure and custom uniform orders with the uniform vendor.
- Responsible for stocking shelves, counters or tables with merchandise as well as assist in setting up merchandise displays. Also responsible for labeling and pricing merchandise and checking bar codes for accuracy.
- Purchase greeting and boxed cards for store stock including special holidays and ensures these are displayed in store on a timely basis.
- Open and closing of daily cash drawers and credit card machines.
- Assists phone customers with e-commerce transactions/instruction when needed.
- Organize and maintains relevant file system.
- Provide assistance to THQ (Territorial Headquarters) personnel with shipping needs/questions.
- Works directly with vendors and resolve differences in records.
- Print identifying bar codes and/or prices and affix to merchandise before putting the items in the store.
- Process merchandise returns for items returned to the store.
Customer & Purchasing:
- Approve quality of uniforms and accessory items in uniform room regarding construction, condition and accuracy of identification.
- Responsible for ordering greeting cards and special custom orders.
- Keeps order forms (including uniforms) updated.
- Oversees maintenance of various subscriber lists (Daily Walks, Words of Life, etc.) and maintains current mailing labels for all of these products.
- Assists in packing merchandise for off-site Trade Booths.
- Set up, tear down and conduct Point of Sale transactions at off-site Trade Booths.
- Assists with year-end physical inventory.
Education & Certification:
High School diploma or equivalent.
Three years of related experience in order entry invoicing and accounts payable.