Location:Houston : 1330 Enclave Parkway (LR_L000269)
Department:US910076 : Marine Regional Management (US910076)
Position Type:Employee Regular
EducationRequired:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
Area Service Delivery Manager, Americas
Lloyd?s Register (LR) started in 1760 as a marine classification society. Today, we?re one of the world?s leading providers of engineering and technology-centric professional services ? improving safety and increasing the performance of critical infrastructures for clients in over 75 countries worldwide. LR is a leading independent provider of accredited certification services across a broad spectrum of standards and schemes as well as customized assurance programs. We deliver our services to companies operating in all the major sectors worldwide.
Lloyd’s Register Marine & Offshore
We are a leading international provider of classification, compliance and consultancy services to the marine and offshore industry, helping our customers design, construct and operate their assets to the highest levels of safety and performance. We are shaping the industry?s future through the development of novel and innovative technology for the next generation of assets, while continuing to deliver solutions for our customers every day.
Location: Houston, Texas
To lead and manage the Americas’ Marine and Offshore Service Delivery team (including Operations, Project team and Marine Management System), with responsibility for executing on contracts through provision of manpower, resources, and information in Canada, the United States, Central America, and South America. Guide and lead the Service Delivery team to: plan for jobs and schedule resources appropriately; ensure technical quality of all work performed; record costs and complete documentation efficiently and accurately; and continually ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental requirements. Work closely with the other members of the Area Leadership team in delivering and continuously improving the client journey.
About this role:
As a part of the Americas Marine and Offshore Leadership Team, the Marine and Offshore Area Service Delivery Manager will lead and manage the Americas? Marine and Offshore Service Delivery team (including Operations, Project Team and Marine Management Systems), with responsibility for executing on contracts through provision of manpower, resources, and information in Canada, the United States, Central America, and South America. Guide and lead the Service Delivery team to: plan for jobs and schedule resources appropriately; ensure technical quality of all work performed; record costs and complete documentation efficiently and accurately; and continually ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental requirements. Work closely with the other members of the Area Leadership team in delivering and continuously improving the client journey.
- Lead the area Service Delivery team in developing (and ensuring ongoing success of) processes for assessing resource demand, assigning jobs, scheduling surveyors, preparing for jobs, executing surveys, managing projects, recording costs, and filing reports.
- Oversee pre-contract support across the area, which includes confirming resources required and advising Sales and Marketing for bid support or advising Client Care as needed for issuance to the client.
- Oversee contract set-up, which includes receiving the contract or job request, reviewing scope of work, assigning the job, inputting key task/contract information to ERP, and scheduling surveyors.
- Ensure that our operations staff engage in high-quality interactions with clients, including advising clients of surveyor attendance and managing subsequent changes in a timely, attentive, and courteous manner.
- Ensure that appropriate workload planning, succession planning, workforce learning, and development are in place to meet current and future anticipated needs to deliver effective service in line with customer needs within the region.
- Lead and strive to continually improve the quality of service delivery, ensuring that our surveyors are competent, knowledgeable, efficient, client-focused, and fully up-to-date on technical authorizations.
- Create and disseminate processes and best practices for project management, to include monitoring progress against schedule, budget, and key performance indicators (KPI?s).
- Ensure that surveyors across the region execute all aspects of the survey process effectively, including providing appropriate status updates, confirming technical quality of work performed, recording costs, preparing/vetting high-quality reports, and gathering client feedback.
- Develop and implement precise regional standards for surveyors? creation/submission/uploading of timesheets, expenses, SAF and other costs, and SSUs.
- Oversee accurate and efficient close-out of jobs, including financial review of work completed, preparing fee report or providing data for invoicing, responding to fee queries, and confirming that documentation is complete and filed.
- Monitor and report on budget performance and oversee work in progress management, ensuring projects are completed efficiently and with adherence to financial KPI?s.
- Facilitate Area Operations Managers? oversight of facilities and services for office locations in their respective geographic areas.
- Oversee compliance with health, safety, and environmental requirements and technical governance activities such as activity monitoring, external audits, and BAR audits.
- Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation, and industry standards.
Key Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Eliminate or minimize employee’s exposure to risks by reviewing, regularly, the health and safety risk register, applying appropriate controls, communicating results of risk assessment and ensuring health and safety is considered in the planning and execution of all LR activities.
- Manage your own and your team’s compliance with health and safety rules, instructions, systems and legal requirements, ensuring employees are suitably trained and adequate resources are available to work safely.
- Monitor and review health and safety performance, observe safety behaviors in the workplace, taking appropriate corrective and preventive action as necessary and suggesting and implementing improvement activities.
You will have:
- A degree or equivalent from a tertiary organization recognized by Lloyd?s Register within a relevant field of study, or qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant sea-going experience as a certificated ship?s officer.
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution.
- Ability to communicate effectively at different levels within organisations and to influence successfully and openly at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to participate in and add value to marine technical discussions with clients and LR colleagues alike.
- Ability to understand and assess complex and sometimes unfamiliar situations, visualise solutions, and see issues through to resolution.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to proactively develop a network of key relationships internally and externally.
- Commercial awareness and ability to develop strategic action plans based on input from key persons.
- Teamwork skills, including demonstrated success promoting a team working environment across an area of the business.
- Thorough understanding of the shipping market and marine environment as needed to manage regional operations.
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational skills for directing colleagues to achieve business objectives.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt responsibilities and take on new challenges as the role develops.
- Proficiency in the English Language commensurate with the work
Working together for a safer world lies at the heart of why we exist and what we strive to achieve
Lloyd?s Register Foundation has, at its heart, a mission to enhance the safety of life and property through its strategic themes of: supporting excellent scientific research; accelerating the application of research; promoting safety and public understanding of risk; and promoting advancement of skills and education. Successfully and effectively meeting our clients? needs generates the capital to reinforce this mission.
We offer a full benefits package, including company-paid Health insurance for employee, 401K with company matching, vacation/sick time/paid holidays, and a unique corporate culture where doing the right thing is highly valued.