Aging Care Manager 2
Centre County, Pennsylvania
(Published at 28-01-2020)
- Makes referrals to appropriate community resources.
- Coordinates needed services for clients, and interacts with County and outside agencies as needed.
- Interprets the program, policies and procedures to individuals, groups and agencies.
- Participates in 24-hour on-call system for weekends, holiday, and evenings, as required.
- Formulates, presents, and implements agency presentations and workshops.
- Provides information and referral services for persons 60 years and older.
- Takes reports of abuse and investigates those reports under the Older Adult Protective Services Law, for persons 60 years and older. Will testify in court as needed.
- Acts as client advocate in all matters.
- Operates computer and other office equipment as necessary.
- Travels as necessary to meet and/or assist clients and obtain or arrange needed services.
- Prepares social studies, case histories, writes letters, makes reports and maintains records.
- Serves as ombudsman for long term care services and facilities, as necessary.
- Coordinates assigned special programs; trains and supervises any volunteers as necessary.
- Must be able to travel to various locations in the County which may not be accessible by public transportation.
Required Education: Bachelor?s degree in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology OR other related social sciences. Required Experience: One to two (1-2) years? experience in field of assessment and care management, social work, home health agency or related work required. Internship in a social service agency is acceptable ?OR? six months experience as an Aging Care Manager 1.
Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and a willingness to travel as needed.