Administrative Secretarial Assistant
REPORTS TO: DEPARTMENT: Administration
Secretary / Treasurer FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Part-time: 20?25 hours/week
Performs clerical and support functions as well as receptionist duties for the Board of Supervisors and the Administration Department. Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors to the office. Provides support to the Township Administrative staff and Board of Supervisors.
· Receives and screens telephone calls and communicates messages to Zoning Office and Public Works Superintendent, and provides follow-up in the preparation of documentation needed by these offices
· Direct walk-in patrons and suppliers in providing them with flyer and pamphlets, and direction in obtaining the answers they request
· Assist the Administrative Secretary with opening incoming mail and direct documentation to the proper Supervisor, Committee or employee for action
· Assist Administrative Secretary with preparation of documentation and report copies necessary to support decisions of the Supervisors at their bi-monthly meeting
· Work with Zoning Officer, Public Works Superintendent and other committee heads to develop proper filing and records retention systems for their respective responsibilities
· Work with the Administrative Secretary in developing filing systems specific not only to the job of Administrative Secretary, but will have the capability to develop filing systems in other Potter Township task areas
· Responsible for scheduling township meeting space for community groups, committee meetings and Supervisor meetings
· Responsible for keeping Township postings and boards current with job availability, meeting schedules and time allotment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel)
· Ability to support new software systems with input, guided by Administrative Secretary
· Skill in operation of office machines such as computers, copy machine and other office equipment
· Training in QuickBooks and Microsoft Publisher considered a plus
· Knowledge of Pennsylvania Second Class Township Code considered a plus
· Confidentiality of information is of utmost importance
High school diploma or GED; supplemented by some experience in office and secretarial procedures; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
Position is primarily sedentary and involves the ability to exert physical effort involving some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials up to 25 pounds. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station and extended periods of time standing and/or walking.
Tasks are regularly performed inside without exposure to adverse environmental conditions (e.g. dirt, cold, rain, fumes).
Tasks require sound and visual perception and judgement. Tasks require oral communication ability.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $15.25 /hour
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
This Job Is:
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift