Reporting directly to the Executive Assistant to the President & CEO is responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties including but not limited to greeting guests, answering phones and relaying messages to the appropriate person. Provide clerical support to the Administration Department & Executive Assistant to the President & Chief Executive Officer and back up support to administrative support staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
1. Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors
2. Performs administrative/office assistant functions for the Executive Assistant to the President & Chief Executive Officer
3. Phone coverage and screening for Executive Assistant and President, calendar scheduling and maintenance, managing information flow
4. Researching information, responding to correspondence
5. Briefs with Executive Assistant on an ongoing and timely basis
6. Maintains scheduling for the Centennial CR, Auditorium, 4A CR, and Administration Conference Room
7. Orders office supplies, distributes mail, files compliment and complaint letters
8. Prepares Board Book mailing
9. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
High School Diploma required. College Degree preferred
Minimum of 5 years current related business experience utilizing administrative and decision-making skills, secretarial skills, and working in office setting highly preferred.
Previous experience with Boards and Board Meeting planning preferred.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
Ability to perform computer work and use of transcription equipment
for extended periods of time
Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time with frequent interruptions and distractions
Ability to follow through on assignments without supervision
Ability to take initiative and be creative with workflow
Ability to communicate effectively, create form documents and compose correspondence
Ability to monitor flow of office traffic (visitors, meeting, phone calls, etc.)
Demonstrates team work and adaptability
Maintains composure during stress
Physical/Mental Demands/Requirements & Work Environment
May be exposed to chemicals necessary to perform required tasks. Any hazardous chemicals the employee may beexposed to are listed in the hospital?s SDS (Safety Data Sheet) data base and may be accessed through the hospital?s Intranet site (Employee Tools/SDS Access). A copy of the SDS data base can also be found at the hospital switchboard, saved on a disc.
Ability to use computer for extensive periods of time
Occasional lift and or move of 15 to 20 pounds
Requires frequent movement about the department and to other departments throughout the hospital
Must be able to move about the hospital between various departments frequently throughout the day.
Ability to sit for extended periods of time
Ability to respond to frequent calls
Extended working hours may be necessary
Location: White Plains Hospital · Administration
Schedule: Full Time, Day, Mon-Fri; 10:00A-6:00P