A position may be listed that is currently filled, as vacancies occur we will interview candidates.
TITLE: School Administrative Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: Classified – Hourly
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUMMARY: To perform complex secretarial duties requiring use of independent judgment and have knowledge of district policies, procedures, programs and organizational structure under light supervision or direction.
- Greet visitors to the school campus; answer inquiries and/or provide direction to the appropriatesource of information.
- Prepare and process official school correspondence for the principal including word processing from rough or final drafts.
- Establish and maintain an effective filing system of correspondence, forms, and reports that are used internally and/or directed externally.
- Maintain a file of records of school employees and staff including time sheets that are collected, authorized, and forwarded to payroll in a timely manner.
- Prepare requests for personnel action forms reflecting any request or change in employment or benefit status.
- Act as the school liaison regarding recording and forwarding reports of employee/staff absences and requests for substitutes.
- Assist in the preparation for the arrival of substitute teachers providing folders and keys.
- Access requested data and information using computer database systems, spreadsheets, and/or other management information.
- Make arrangements and coordinate meetings and special events as requested by the principal.
- Maintain a record of budget expenditures and current balance of funds.
- Order supplies, materials, and equipment for the school, maintain records of purchases, and follow-up on delinquent orders.
- Maintain office equipment by ordering supplies and calling for repairs.
- Maintain a calendar of appointments and meetings for the principal.
- Open, sort, and distribute mail to principal and staff.
- Translate or interpret as Spanish skills allow.
- Provide assistance to the registrar and school health aide for situations requiring immediate attention including student attendance and registration.
- Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalency. Associates degree and professional secretarial training is preferred.
Three-years related office experience within a school office or a position involving a substantial amount of public contact.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of English proficiency for completing tasks, telephone communication, and preparation of written correspondence including skills in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, skills are helpful but not necessary.
- Type 50 words per minute.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and applications, Genesis SMS and Rack2-Filer.
Ability to use standard office equipment including copy machine, printer, and fax.
Ability to work with detail and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to set priorities and make decisions.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
The work environment is the normal office setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Ten-month OR Twelve-month, At-Will, Classified-Hourly; benefits in accordance with Board policies.
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of Classified Staff.