We are looking for an individual to join our team of dedicated employees at our New Horizons Ranch. Applicants should have a strong work ethic, the ability to work independently and as part of team and a passion for working with kids and adolescents.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the program as directed by program administrators. This position covers a wide range of responsibilities including scheduling & coordinating appointments, medical record maintenance, school lunch program record maintenance, general clerical duties, and quality assurance. Must be highly organized, have the ability to multi-task, and be adaptable to changing priorities. Works closely with program administrators, ranch director, therapists, case managers, and direct care staff.
All New Horizons’ Staff are expected to study, practice and operate within the New Horizons’ Philosophy of Keeping Kids First.
Keeping Kids First requires that every decision and action be motivated by and geared toward meeting the highest need of the individual kid. New Horizons will not tolerate anyone who is not committed to keeping kids safe from abuse, neglect and exploitation.
At New Horizons, we Keep Kids First while providing a safe, therapeutic and loving environment for children and adolescents who have experienced immense trauma through abuse, neglect or exploitation. Our Staff keep our children safe and provide a home-like environment for them to grow, heal and thrive. The Ranch, located near Goldthwaite, Texas provides individual, intensive inpatient treatment programs for boys and girls suffering from emotional, behavioral and attachment or relationship problems. The Ranch sits on 150 acres and is home to 70 children, ages 6-17. The Ranch, has an on-campus accredited charter school, a certified equine therapy program, a swimming pool, playgrounds, campus lakes, football and baseball fields, a tennis court, an indoor gym, three homes and a chapel/activity center.
Located in Texas Hill Country in rural setting approximately two hours northwest of Austin in Goldthwaite, Texas. Successful candidate will be required to reside in or near the Brownwood or Goldthwaite area.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Demonstrates a commitment to empowering others, finding solutions to problems, and keeping kids safe!
- Establishes respectful relationships;
- Works well independently and collaboratively with other personnel and professionals;
- Maintains an organized filing system while adhering to the Texas DFPS Minimum Standards and New Horizons’ Policies;
- Sets appropriate limits both in relationships and in personal work ethic;
- Embraces and embodies the Philosophy of New Horizons;
- Demonstrates strong organizational and time management skills; and
- Demonstrates excellent written, oral and electronic communication skills.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Keeping Kids Safe!
- Following the New Horizons’ Employee Handbook;
- Track and schedule annual required medical, dental and optical appointments for all children placed at the Ranch. Schedule sick child visits and specialty medical appointments as needed;
- Verify insurance coverage for specialty medical visits and provide required documentation to specialty medical providers; routine follow-up may be required to ensure that these appointments are scheduled;
- Prepare all paperwork for each appointment and document the outcome of these appointments in the child’s medical record;
- Maintain and routinely update a master schedule of all appointments and visits for all children placed at the Ranch;
- Maintain and update records as required for the federal school lunch program;
- Complete routine reports for tracking data for the federal school lunch program;
- Prepare for and participate in gathering required information for the federal school lunch program including coordination efforts with kitchen staff and the finance office;
- Provide client record maintenance including scanning, uploading, and naming documents;
- Create and maintain education portfolios for all children; ensure that all required documents are within each file per licensing and contract requirements;
- Request documentation from prior placements, CPS caseworkers as needed to maintain compliance with client record and education portfolio regulatory requirements;
- Participate in planning meetings for routine program needs as well as special events;
- Perform regular and routine file audits for quality assurance purposes. Track missing documentation requirements and coordinate with case managers, therapists, medical/dental providers, and CPS caseworkers to obtain missing documentation and/or provide corrections to documentation;
- Prepare reports for internal and external sources for contracting, grant proposals, and ongoing quality improvement purposes;
- Serve as back-up for the Office Manager as needed providing front office support, general reception, and other administrative duties; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Administrative Assistants include:
- Applicants must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age;
- Applicants must have a High School Diploma with one (1) year administrative/clerical/secretarial experience or nine (9) months formal training;
- Applicants must the ability to operate various office equipment;
- Applicants must have basic accounting skills;
- Applicants must be familiar with forms maintenance, filing, supply accountability, and requisitioning;
- Applicants must have insight and understanding of cultural diversity and have the ability to work with diverse populations;
- Applicants must pass a criminal background check, drug screen, and tuberculosis screening;
New Horizons offers:
- A team environment focused on support, accountability and maintain a safe environment where we Keep Kids First;
- 100% Paid Employee Health Insurance Premiums;
- Retirement and Flexible Spending Account; and
- Paid Time Off.
By submitting your resume and references, you agree to the following:
- I understand that a background check, a drug screen test and a TB test are conditions of my employment, and before employment begins, I must these results on file as well as three (3) character references;
- I understand I must have at least a Class ‘C’ Driver’s license and must complete a New Hire information packet; and
- If I accept an offer of employment, I hereby authorize New Horizons Ranch and Center, Inc. to conduct a criminal background check at any time during my employment with New Horizons Ranch and Center, Inc. I understand that if a criminal charge is found at any time, it could result in the termination of employment with New Horizons Ranch and Center, Inc.
About New Horizons Ranch & Center, Inc.:
- Established in 1971, New Horizons has been assisting kids and families throughout Texas in our residential treatment facilities, therapeutic foster homes, and youth and family counseling programs.
- New Horizons’ team strives to Keep Kids First in all decision making and program services in order to help our kids and families succeed.
- Our mission is to create an environment where kids, families and staff can heal and grow through caring relationships, unconditional love and acceptance.
- For more information, visit www.newhorizonsinc.com