Office of the President, Rose Hill
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
The Administrative Assistant for the Office of the President reports directly to the Associate Vice President for Presidential Operations and to the President. The office is located in the South Wing of Cunniffe House. This position requires a daily office presence. This is not a remote location position. It is required that the person work Monday through Friday at the Rose Hill Campus. On rare occasions, there may be a need to travel to the Lincoln Center or Westchester Campus. In addition, there are certain weekends during the year where working is expected, among those of which are Move-In Day, Convocation, Commencement, Lessons and Carols, and other such events as they arise.
- Acts as the liaison with the University community and the general public using independent judgment, discretion and tact in handling the myriad of complex confidential inquiries. Prioritizes and appropriately directs calls. Most calls concern difficult matters that require patience, understanding and diplomacy.
- Anticipates needs of the office and identifies opportunities to create processes and systems to streamline office operations. The University is continuously adopting new software applications to handle office matters. The ability to master these updated systems is imperative.
- Maintains responsibility for the office budget, including payment of bills.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Manages special projects as assigned by the Associate Vice President and President.
- Creates, manages and maintains a complex filing system, including electronic filing and contract management software.
- Assists with information gathering, communication with different parties, makes decisions as to what information is critical to escalate and tracks outcomes.
- Types and Prepares mailing correspondence for signature, including Development, Admissions, Faculty and other such letters as they occur.
- Maintains responsibility for the maintenance and reservations of the President?s Council Room though the 25PRO online reservation system.
- Provides as-needed general administrative support including back up to the other offices within the South Wing of Cunniffe House, including, as needed, staffing the front desk.
- Assists with complex and international travel arrangements.
- Schedules and supervises student workers, as and when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor?s Degree preferred along with 5+ years? work experience in an academic setting.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to master new systems.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task in a fast-pace environment, keen attention to detail.
- Professionalism and ability to understand confidential and sensitive information and protect it accordingly.
- Resourceful, practical and discrete with the ability to receive different kinds of assignments with enthusiasm and dedication.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER AND RESUME TO: hr @ fordham.edu
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer ? Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Job Type: Full-time
- academic setting: 5 years (Preferred)