City of Sunbury
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Mayor Dept.
JOB TYPE: Part-Time
ACCOUNTABILITY: Mayor, City Administrator, City Clerk.
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of all programs, activities, and responsibilities of the Sunbury City Administration Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Greet and aid the public in a friendly, business-like manner.
2. Perform general secretarial and office duties as required.
3. Maintain general office files, typing material from copy, record incoming and outgoing correspondence.
4. Answer and return phone calls and keep appointment records.
5. Open, sort, and distribute mail for all City Departments.
6. Covers City Administration?s office for lunch periods and for absences of City Clerk during illness, vacations, etc.
7. In absence of City Clerk, attends City Council meetings, prepares agendas, and records and transcribes minutes.
8. Assist with community event planning, preparation, and execution.
9. Attend meetings, seminars and training as required.
10. Assist with grant application, writing and management as required.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a valid PA driver?s license.
- Possess strong computer skills, basic bookkeeping knowledge and ability to operate various office equipment.
- Possess secretarial or office clerical experience, training, or equivalent.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail to organize, prioritize, schedule, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all sensitive records and proceedings.
- Ability to read, write, perform basic mathematical calculations, and understand and follow directions.
- Ability to understand and follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain an excellent personal attendance record.
- Ability to perform each of the listed essential and other duties in a satisfactory manner.
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the Mayor, elected officials, City employees, the general public and the ability to function well as part of a team.
Work is performed in an office environment and occasionally outside. Sitting, standing, moving about the office, within buildings or outside, keyboarding, pushing and pulling light objects, reaching, lifting, and transporting objects up to 10 lbs
(frequently) and 20 lbs (occasionally), and more than 20lbs (rarely), and climbing stairs, depending upon job being performed is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time without notice.
NOTE: Signature below constitutes understanding of the requirements, functions, and duties of the job description.
Printed Name: ____________________________ Signature: ______________________________
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17,000.00 /year
- Data Entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift