Accounts Receivable Supervisor
(Published at 08-11-2019)
The Accounts Receivable Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all aspects of the Accounts Receivable function to ensure the timely completion of all billing, application of cash receipts, and monitoring of the Accounts Receivable Aging to ensure follow-up and adjustments are completed timely to reduce the write-off of uncollectible invoices.
- Select, train, supervise, and evaluate direct report staff, including annual job description review, to ensure effective performance within the guidelines of agency policies and procedures.
- Provide supervision and specific direction to billing staff and manage day-to-day activities, including billing, collections, court of claims, and cash receipts for all billing activities including DHS, HFS Medicaid, Managed Care insurance billing, and transportation billing.
- Review AR Aging Report to ensure follow-up for payment is conducted timely on all accounts. Provide guidance to billing staff to ensure timely resolution of billing discrepancies, rejections, and non-payments on all accounts.
- Review program changes which affect billings. Provide direction to program staff and ensure that processes are revised for program changes and all needed Finance staff are informed of planned changes.
- Review DHS billing rejections, interpret reports, and follow-up with agency personnel for error corrections.
- Perform collection duties on delinquent accounts, including collection letters, phone calls, and court of claims filings for all accounts.
- Prepare and/or oversee the monthly CMHC Revenue By Payer and Program Report to be used in calculating the CMHC Payer invoices and revenue recognition in MIP.
- Prepare and/or oversee the monthly ROCS download report to be used in the recording of monthly revenue recognition in MIP.
- Work with Associate Director of Finance and IT on Accounts Receivable write-offs.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Accounting is required (High school diploma and five (5) years healthcare billing will be considered in lieu of Bachelor?s Degree). Basic understanding of financial statements and accounting entries related to billing, revenue recognition, and Accounts Receivable.
- At least five (5) years of healthcare billing and Accounts Receivable experience. Experience with DHS, Medicaid, and Managed Care Insurance billing preferred.
- At least two (2) years of supervisory experience in healthcare billing and reimbursement.
- Ability to understand, prepare, and recommend adjusting journal entries, as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent research and problem solving skills.
- Employee is required to remain compliant with all state/federal, position, agency, accreditation, and funding source training/licensing requirements, including but not limited to CPR/First Aid post hire.
- Employee is required to possess the skill and ability to utilize all applicable technology and computer programs related to his/her position.