Posted Date: Jan 15 2020
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Perform all required duties in assigned territory in accordance with the expectations indicated in the GSK Selling Ways, promoting aligned GSK products within Immunology selling team.
- Meet or exceed established expectations for account / call activity and time in territory.
- Proactively decide on activities, educational programs as well as HQ-approved resources needed to effectively pull through the identified sales opportunities with targeted customers and other key stakeholders in territory/accounts.
- Analyze sales information and recommend actions to maximize opportunities aligned to brand strategy.
- Create customer value, demand and advocacy for GSK brands.
- Build and maintain relationships with decision makers in account to execute business unit/brand strategy.
- Utilize internal GSK stakeholders/matrix partners to educate customers and build relationships.
- Identify and recommend solutions or refer to matrix partners (as appropriate) for product-related issues that arise in the accounts (e.g. side effect understanding and management, reimbursement issues, distribution issues).
- Complete any and all required training, testing, and product certifications within the designated timeframes.
- Embrace and follow GSK policies, practices, risk-based standards and values in support of our customers, patients, fellow employees, and individual expectations.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 4-year BA/BS degree from an accredited institution
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel. The amount will depend on the specific territory size.
- Valid driver?s license.
- 2+ years of pharmaceutical sales experience or medical device experience
- Must live in geography, no relocation assistance
- Must be able and willing to drive or operate a vehicle ? driving is an essential function of this role.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- 7+ years of relevant outside sales experience, or equivalent with 2 years of Specialty experience
- Biologic/Immunology/Rheumatology Sales experience
- Experience with total office sell/call for complex infused biologic products
- Strong record of high performance and consistent results for previous 12 months
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills required
- Demonstrated ability to identify unique sales opportunities and to perform tasks beyond designated responsibilities
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills
- Strong business planning skills and ability to multi-task.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making ? using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK?s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK?s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.